How Covid-19 virus affected our daily life
The Covid-19 virus has seept across the world with no end in sight, because of uncertainties over testing in some countries, the full impact of the virus is uncertain, however it is widely estimated that there are now more than half a million cases worldwidem causing more than 24,000 deaths.
Many countried Goverments have poured money into relief packages to save businesses and markets, and to help laid off workers.
A global, novel virus that keeps us contained in our homes-maybe for months-is already reorienting our relationship to government, to the outside world, even each other. Some changes these experts expect to see is the coming months or years might feel unfamiliar or unsettling. No one knows exactly what will come.
But crisise moment also present opportunity. Let’s pray.
May we who are merely inconvenienced remember those whose lives are at stake.
May we who have no risk factors remember those most vulnerable.
May we who have the luxury of working from home remember those who must choose between preserving their health and making their rent.
May we who have the flexibility to care for our children when their schools close remember those who have no options.
May we who have to cancel our trips remember those who have no safe place to go.
May we who are losing our margin money in the tumult of the economic market remember those who have no margin at all.
May we who settle in for a quarantine at home remember those who have no home.
As fear grips our country, let us choose love.
And during this time when we may not be able to physically wrap our arms around each other, let us yet find ways to be the loving embrace of God to our neighbors. Amen.
– Submitted by Fr. Michael Graham, S.J.
What you should know about corona virus?
|Symptom of corona-virus|
commom cold-runny nose
- If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold.
- Corona virus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
- This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees. It hates sun.
- If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
- If it drops on a metal surface, it will live for at least 12 hours.So if you come into contact with any metal surface–please wash you hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
- On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours, normal laundry detergent will kill it.
- Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
- Wash your hands frequently as the virus can can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but a lot can ahppen during that time–You can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
- You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
- Cannot emphasize enough–drink plenty of water.
4 Symptoms to know if you are infected or not?
- It will first infect the throat, so you’ll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days.
- The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This take about 5/6 days further.
- With the pneumonis comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
- The nasal congetion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you’re drowning.
→It’s imperative you then seek immediate attention.
How can one know if she/he is infected?
The new corona virus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know if she/he is infected? By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it’s too late.
Experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning.
Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness..etc., it proves there is no fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection.
In this critical time, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.
Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry.
Take a few sip of water every 15 minutes at least. Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don’t drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That is very dangerous.ΩΩΩ
So please do everything to ensure your safety during this pandemic.
See the rainbow after the storm.
Wake to the choices you make as to how to live now.
Take care everyone! Whether or not we are connected, you have my blessing.
Ended with my favored music